Sculpture and Architecture
- CO2: Identify major artists and their time periods in Western and Non-Western art.
- CO3: Interpret art terminology in relationship to works of art.
- CO4: Describe major works of art.
- CO6: Analyze works of art within their social and historical contexts.
Description: An examination of 3-dimensional media: Sculpture and Architecture
This is a research, read, consider, think, and write exercise. You may list sources if helpful, but use your own words.
Choose one of the following to write about:
Please see these helpful art aids:
Topic 2.) Examine and discuss all of the following buildings:
– The Pantheon
– Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, The Eiffel Tower
– Frank Lloyd Wright, Fallingwater
Architecture is often discussed in terms of 3 dimensions, as though it was large scale sculpture, but architecture always has a specific function. Architecture conveys meaning and is “read” like paintings and sculpture are “read.” Each element has a function and a meaning; therefore, buildings communicate messages to the viewer. During this Discussion, imagine yourself in the spaces while you examine it and discuss it. Include in your answer:
- Who is the architect?
- From what era and what culture is the building?
- What was its function and location?
- What are the building materials –what is it made of?
- Are there any special construction techniques used?
- Why is the building important? Be specific.
Topic 1.) Conduct internet resaerch. Examine and discuss all of the following sculptures:
– Robert Smithson, Spiral Jetty
– Serpent Mound
– Andy Goldsworthy, Reconstructed Icicles, Dumfriesshir
These are all site specific sculptures, meaning they were designed specifically for the physical place we find them. Often they are referred to as earthworks or land art. Examine and discuss all three of these works. Your answer should include:
- Who is the artist (if known)?
- From what era and culture is the sculpture?
- How is the meaning of gallery sculpture different than other sculpture?
- What gives meaning to the sculpture, or why is it important?
- Think about how many galleries/museums have sculptures that were made in an artist’s studio and then sold to any place that could afford them.
- Have you been to a sculpture garden? How many of those objects were designed for the site?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.