MGT572 DS: Module 04: Ethical, Social, and Sustainable Decision-Making
Learning Goal: I’m working on a management discussion question and need support to help me learn.
This week’s discussion is about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), focusing on the brief case study about Nike (p.101 in the textbook).
Nike pioneered offshore manufacturing by hiring third-party contractors in developing nations to work in its company-owned plants. Among other workers, the contractors hired minors at low pay in” sweatshops.” When the news became public in 1996, Nike faced negative public opinion, and then it established a Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Committee to ensure that labor practices were ethical across its supply chain.
After that, Nike was sued for allegedly knowingly making false and misleading statements in denying its direct participation in the abusive labor conditions abroad in manufacturing its products. The case was dismissed for procedural issues by the U.S. Supreme Court. Thereafter, Nike has worked on building its CSR profile through relief efforts and advocating fair wages and employment practices in its outsourced operations.
Thinking about Nike’s corporate practices, if you were to start a company that outsourced labor in order to reduce manufacturing costs, what decisions would you make to combine commercial objectives with social goals to improve the impact of corporate social responsibility efforts? How might the two conflict?
- Answer should be no less than four (04) paragraphs, related and well explained to all questions provided once needed.
- Answer should be in this sequence: (Introduction, each question has its own answer and explanation, Conclusion, References (minimum 3 refs)).
- Replying to “the instructor’s feedback/question with reference” after posting your answer is required (this is a discussion question).
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (requires supporting citations) along with at least three (03) scholarly, peer-reviewed references in supporting your answer.
- Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced.
- Review the attached grading rubric to see how the grading will be for this question.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.