Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Step 1: Track your food over the course of a minimum of 3 days. (10 points)
Place the food you consumed into a food tracker app (MyFitness Pal, etc.) or into a paper journal. Be specific with your portion sizes and quantities. Connect also has a tracker you can use for free called Nutrition Calc. You may create your food log in that as well.
Your food journal should include the following information:
· All of the food that you consume. This includes all meals, snacks, desserts, etc.
· All of the beverages you consume. This includes water, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.
· All of the supplements, vitamins, etc. that you consume.
· Include a full weekend: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to compare to your weekday choices.
· Include any exercise or physical activity.
Step 2: Enter your food and beverages from your journal into a Nutrition App of your choice, (ex. FitGenie or MyFitness Pal, Nutrition Calc).
· If you have already tracked your food in an APP, you do not have to re-enter your food a second time.
The Food tracking App must allow the option for foods and beverages to be categorized into carbs, fats, and protein- not just calories.
Step 3: Give a reflection summary about what you learned regarding your diet.
· What are your initial thoughts about your diet? (10 points)
· Would you change anything about your diet? (10 points)
· Do you feel your typical diet was reflective of this food journal? Why or Why not? (10 points)
· If you were presenting this to a Registered Dietitian, what clinical observations might they make? (10 points)
Assignment Expectations for Grading:
1. Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
2. Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
3. Adherence to the written instructions
4. Spelling and grammar