Public Administrative Environments /Managing People through Change. The City Manager has hired you as the Chief of Staff for your local government and has contacted you regarding the following issues concerning various governmental departments and external stakeholders:
In the past year, citizen, department, and outside stakeholder complaints have been filed against the Department of Health administrators. Such complaints cited unprofessional leadership, unethical practices, insufficient customer and patient care, poor fire and emergency response time, and inability to implement change and resolve conflict within and amongst subordinates and staff. The Department of Health is composed of the following agencies:
· Social Services,
· Fire and Emergency Management, and
· Human Services.
The School Board has a collaborative relationship with various government departments. In the last two (2) months, the School Board has charged department directors with failure to work collaboratively with the School Board on its efforts to:
· Meet federal mandates regarding reformation of new policy issues that will impact the leadership of the Department of Redevelopment and Housing, the State Department of Education, and the State Department of Housing and Urban Development.
· Support the academic leadership of secondary school principals by providing specific student data from the Department of Juvenile Relations, in an attempt to improve student retention and performance toward increasing graduation rates.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper in which you address the following:
1. What would you do to deal with scenarios 1 and 2 as Chief of Staff? Provide a rationale to support your response.
2. What policies and practices would you change? Recommend one (1) specific leadership theory and two (2) public leader styles that would be most beneficial for the School Board in addressing the issues presented. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Determine the essential manner in which the leadership from the Department of Public Health, the School Board, and the various other government departments impact the leadership of the City Manager and his or her ability to carry out government operations.
4. What would you do to lead the local government unit moving forward?
5. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than 6 months old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and government websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.