This is part one of the class project assessments. See the attachment for more details of the overall project. An important purpose of this assignment is to examine what the different branches and layers of government do to address a policy using a current issue to illustrate it.
Complete a research essay on the government and healthcare. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
The U.S. healthcare system has been a controversial topic for decades. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about the American healthcare system and state a preferred solution to it and why it’s preferred (This is your thesis statement).
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem while addressing the responsibilities of each level of government (federal, state, and local) and the three branches of the federal government (executive, legislative, and judicial).
- Build the argument for why your chosen solution is preferable, what critics say about the solution, and finally why the critics are wrong.
- 750 word target length (about three pages), not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.
1) Write concisely! More is not necessarily better if the required points from the rubric are missed.
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).