Homework – 06 Video Store plans CMGT 110 Use the Video Store plans to determine the following information:
- The interior volume of the main room (#1 – below the ceilings) in cubic feet. 2. The heating ducts required. (feet, specify by size) 3. The area of ceramic floor tile in the project in square feet. 4. The volume of asphalt required. (cu.yds.) 5. The number of CMU 8x8x16 blocks required. 6. The volume of concrete in the exterior sidewalk (cu.yds.) (include curb
edge). 7. The amount of steel roof decking required. (square feet) 8. The total length of L4x4x1/2 angle required to support the trusses and roof
decking. (feet) (assume you need 6” of angle @ ea. truss support @ CMU wall)
Make sure of the following:
- Do the all problems by hand on engineering calculation paper and/or photocopies of the drawings. DO NOT USE MICROSOFT WORD FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT!
- Do not hand in a copy of any solution that you did not create yourself. Work copied from somewhere(one) else receives no credit.
- Carefully look at all sheets to understand what is asked for and how it needs to be measured.
- Organize the information well and illustrate your calculations with diagrams so you can look at it later and know what you did. Please use a marked up photocopy of the plans wherever useful.
- Your work is neat and clearly presented. Make a copy for your records before you hand in your original.
Hand in a hard copy of your work on 8.5” x 11” paper only. All work is due at the beginning of class on May 11th or 12th. No late work will be accepted for this assignment.