Group Project: presented with a problem involving multiple agencies, each student assumes an agency role and a project role to identify a collaborative, optimal solution. Individually, each student will present an agency description, the agency’s perspective and role, and research the available resources. Students will then form groups, and each group will present a collaborative, optimal solution.
In the last week of class, each group will present the consequences for not finding or not fully implementing the solution. Throughout this project each student is to assume the character (role play) of the leader of their assigned component agency when dealing with their counterparts from other agencies within their jurisdiction.
Phase 5 – Consequence of Inaction: Each student will submit a 2 page paper addressing the impact on the criminal justice agency they represent if the solution presented by their Group is not adopted. This opinion will be supported by 2 outside resources.
Formatting the Group Project papers:
- Individual papers will include a heading identifying the student, the number and title of the class and Project Phase the paper is addressing and the date of submission.
- Group papers will include a cover page (not included in the page count), identifying the number and title of the class, the Group designation, students in the Group and their criminal justice agency, and the date of submission
- All papers will be double spaced, with 1-inch margins, and 12 font type.
- Resource page (not included in the page count) Resources other than course instructional material must be referenced using APA formatting.
- At the instructor’s discretion, this project may be submitted to Turnitin or other service for verification of originality.