Person-centered therapy uses several interventions to facilitate client change beyond its foundational interventions of unconditional positive regard, reflective listening skills, and a focus on empathy. The role of a person-centered therapist is one of a “partner” or “equal” who sets the conditions whereby clients can reach within themselves and change their lives, bringing their “real” and “ideal” selves closer together. However, beyond setting these conditions, there are interventions that person-centered psychologists use to facilitate client change. In this Discussion, you research and evaluate these interventions with respect to their effectiveness at facilitating positive client change.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the journal article, “The Phoenix of Empirically Supported Therapy Relationships: The Overlooked Person-Centered Basis.” Focus on Rogers’ “necessary and sufficient” therapeutic conditions.
• Review the journal article, “Showing Clients the Doors: Active Problem-Solving in Person-Centered Psychotherapy.” Pay particular attention to applying a problem-solving approach within a person-centered framework.
• Review the basic tenets of person-centered therapy.
• Conduct a brief (2–3 articles) literature search for person-centered psychotherapy interventions that facilitate positive client change.
• Select one intervention and evaluate its empirical support. Think about how person-centered theory draws from or contributes to evidence-based practice.
With these thoughts in mind:
write a description of one intervention specific to person-centered theory. Include an analysis of the intervention’s empirical support. Is the intervention tailored toward specific populations or problems?
no more than 400 words
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.