Group Discussion Board Forum Instructions: The purpose of these Group Discussion Board Forums is to expand your thinking about the course materials or apply course materials to counseling scenarios. Some of the discussion board questions have a strong analytical component, as fitting a graduate-level course. As a basis for your reflection/evaluation/application, you will be asked to review the content covered during the discussion module(s)/week(s). In fact, your thread as well as your replies to your classmates must be amply supported by course materials (the lectures and your textbook readings) and properly cited as indicated in the Group Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric.
In response to the discussion question (Modules/Weeks 2, 4, 6), submit your thread by the date specified using approximately 250–400 words. The grading rubric does not grade for word count. However, realize that too many words may indicate wordiness, but too few words may indicate incomplete thought. In addition to supporting your thread from course sources (with proper, current APA citation), the integration of a Christian worldview is always appropriate. It is also expected that you will include at least two references in every Discussion Board initial post.
- Use appropriate netiquette,
- Write at graduate level, and
- Cite in-text per current APA format and list references at the bottom of your post. It is expected that you will include at least one reference in every Discussion Board response post.
When citing any of the presentations provided in the Reading & Study folders, your references must look like the following:
Brewer, G., & Peters, C., (n.d.). [Insert audio lecture title or notes title]. Lynchburg, VA: Liberty
So, for Module/Week 1, a reference would look like this (notice the proper use of APA form):
Brewer, G., & Peters, C. (n.d.). COUC 506 Week Three, Lecture One: Christian spirituality and the ministry of counseling. [PowerPoint]. Lynchburg, VA: Liberty University Online.
· The New Christian Counseling
· Hawkins & Clinton:
· Chapter 4 Attachment and Relationships
· Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian Counseling McMinn:
· Chapter 1 Religion in the Counseling Office
· Chapter 2 Toward Psychological and Spiritual Health
For discussion this module/week, we consider how to counsel suffering clients. The class lectures, Entwistle, and McMinn all discuss the concept of suffering and factors guiding how we counsel those who are suffering. In fact, a careful reading of the Reading & Study materials indicates numerous concepts and principles that we could apply as we counsel those who are hurting.
1. Considering the numerous points that were made, make a list of at least 5 concepts (“questions to ask myself as I counsel those who are suffering. . . “) that you found particularly helpful, insightful, unique, or had not thought about before.
2. What guidelines would you particularly emphasize as you counsel hurting people?
3. Then consider this client’s statement: Client: “Dr. Counselor, I have been coming to you now for six weeks. I am not sure that counseling is working. I don’t feel any better now than when we started talking. Why are you not helping to remove this pain that I am feeling?” If your client expects that you help to remove the suffering, how would you respond, based on what you learned from your study for the week?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.