For this assignment you will watch the movie “12 Angry Men” and answer the questions on Moodle. Make sure to be specific and complete when answering the questions.
You can use either the updated version of the movie or the original. The movie is available for you to watch at the Pitt CC library or you can rent it from a local video store.
In question 3, you are asked about barriers to critical thinking–please refer to Personal Barriers to Critical Thinking that are listed on Moodle. Please remember to fully develop your answers and identify specific logical fallacies in question #5. Please only use logical fallacies that are listed in our text.
Unit 9: 12 Angry Men
Watch “12 Angry Men” and complete the activity in the course pack. This assignment will be due next week.
12 Angry Men table (1957)
|JURY ROOM, 12 ANGRY MEN (by Reginald Rose)The Original Movie (1957)|
|Juror 1. The Foreman35, small, petty,football coach|
|Juror 12.Advertising Man30, doodler, snob||Juror 2. Squeaky38, bank clerk, meek.|
|Juror 11. Immigrant48, humble, suffered injustice||Juror 3. Angry Man40, highly prejudice(Lee Cobb)|
|Juror 10. Bigot46, comes to quick decisions (Ed Bagley)||Juror 4. Retired Man50, stockbroker, rational(E.C. Marshall)|
|Juror 9. Old Man70, mild, gentle, has all his faculties||Juror 5. Mechanic25, Baltimore, grew up in slum (Jack Klugman)|
|Juror 8. Our Hero42, architect, charismatic, dark and moody, used to power (Henry Fonda)||Juror 6. Everyman33, decent, housepainter, not used to making decisions|
|Juror 7. Mr. Baseball42, loud, flashy, short tempered; wants to go to Yankees game (Jack Ward)|
“12 Angry Men” questions
“12 ANGRY MEN” HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT
Instructions: Watch the movie “12 Angry Men”.
Answer the following questions completely and turn them into me.
1. Which character is the most effective critical thinker? Which characteristics of a critical thinker does this person exemplify? Explain your answer in 2-3 paragraphs and support yourself with specific examples from the movie.
2. Which character is the least effective critical thinker? Explain your answer in 2-3 paragraphs and support yourself with specific examples from the movie.
3. What barriers to critical thinking prevent any other 3 jurors from thinking critically? (Do not choose the juror you discussed in question #2.) In 1 paragraph per juror, tell the obstacle(s) and how it prevents each one from thinking critically. Use examples from the film for each juror to support yourself.
4. At what point do any 3 of the jurors become critical thinkers Do not choose the juror you discussed in question 1. Specifically, what happens to make each one think critically? Explain in 1 paragraph per juror.
5. Identify four examples of logical fallacies in the jurors’ thinking processes. Give the juror, the fallacy that the juror uses, and the context for each example.
12 Angry Men (1997)
|JURY ROOM, 12 ANGRY MENUpdated Movie Version (1997)|
|Juror 1. The Foremanfootball coach|
|Juror 12.Advertising Man||Juror 2. Older African American|
|Juror 11. Immigrant||Juror 3. Angry Man (George C. Scott)|
|Juror 10. Young African American||Juror 4. Retired Manstockbroker|
|Juror 9. Old Man||Juror 5. Mechanicgrew up in slum|
|Juror 8. Architect(Jack Lemmon)||Juror 6. Decent Manhousepainter|
|Juror 7. Mr. Baseball (Tony Danza)|
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.