Behavioris: Prior to engaging in this discussion, read the Introduction and Chapter One in your required e-book, watch the B.F. Skinner – Operant Conditioning and Free Will (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. video, and review the Instructor Guidance.
- Summarize the following constructs that the behaviorist movement promotes:
- Associative learning
- Connectionism, including the laws of learning
- Reflect on your own experiences in the workplace or in organizational settings (school, church, volunteer sites). What is an example of applied behaviorism that you have experienced in one of these settings?
- Based on your e-book commentary, why do you think the reader is encouraged to think skeptically about the content included?
- Are there potential concerns with associating learning behaviors with theory based only on anti-mentalism?
- What truths can be disseminated from the historic evolution of the behaviorist framework?