1. Piaget’s theory of cognitive development is popular in developmental psychology. Discuss his theory and apply his concepts to your own lifespan development.
2. Discuss the various styles of attachment and how they influence romantic love, as well as parenting styles. Try to apply the styles to your own life experiences.
3. What do you think it will be like to grow older in our society? What are the implications and consequences for the elderly? Since we are New Yorkers, what do you think it is like to grow old in an urban environment, as compared to a suburban or rural environment?
Chapter 10 – Lifespan Development II
1. Discuss Kohlberg’s theory of moral development, and how you think it applies to other cultures. What do you think of the possible gender bias of Kohlberg’s theory? Try to give both cultural and gender examples.
2. Discuss both or either of the neurodevelopmental disorders, in our chapter, that interest you. Do you think ADHD is over diagnosed? Why or why not? Are vaccines related to ASD? Should parents not vaccinate their children? Why or why not?
3. Discuss John Gottman’s Seven Basic Principles of enduring love. Apply them to yourself and an important love relationship in your life.
4. Our final topic for developmental psychology is thanatology; the study of death and dying. To paraphrase Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, “for when you live as if you’ll live forever, it becomes easy to postpone things you must do, and when you understand that each day could be your last, you take the time to grow, to become aware of whom you really are and to reach out to others.” How do you think this quote influences your life? What are your thoughts on death and dying?
Please read attachment of the overview of chapter 5 and 6, then answer the questions.
Is a college psychology online class discussion, so don’t have to use really complicated words and each question please answer in 2-3 sentences.