The Portfolio Project provides the choice of selecting one of two options. Although the subject content varies depending on the option selected, each Portfolio Project option is comprised of three sections:
Section 1: Principle Components Discussion
Describe the project management standards and processes based on the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge® (PMBOK® Guide) (6th ed.). This section should be approximately 3 pages and include a brief, yet, substantive synopsis for each of the following items:
- Project, Program, and Portfolio Management distinction
- Project Selection
- Project Charter
- Project Charter Template: Additionally, develop a basic, 1- to 3-page Project Charter template based on the PMBOK® Guide (6th ed.) that could be used for small-to-medium projects in a global organization. Include your Project Charter template as an appendix in your essay paper.
- Project Organization
- Project Planning
- Project Scheduling
- Project Estimating
- Monitoring and Control
- Project Closure
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Role of Information Technology.
The requirements for this section of the Portfolio Project are common for both Option 1
Section 2: Simulation Analysis
Summarize your performance in the project management simulation completed in Module 6 (Project Management Simulation: Scope, Resources, Schedule V2 (Links to an external site.); Product #: 4700-HTM-ENG). This section should be approximately 2- to 3-pages and must include:
- Identification of three project management standards or practices applied during the simulation and their effect on your simulation outcomes.
- Delineation of three lessons learned from the project management simulation that can be applied to future management of projects.
- Recommendation for improving your simulation outcomes.
The subject content for Section 2 varies based on the Portfolio Project option selected:
- For Option 1, the project management simulation requires an analysis of your performance of the Simulation Scenario A.
Section 3: Case Study Analysis
Review and assess one of the two global project management case studies designated; then develop a 4- page recommendation for achieving the objectives set forth. As part of your recommendation, develop a high-level project management plan comprised of a statement of:
- work (SOW)
- a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- a project schedule or Gantt
- a communications plan
- a risk management plan
- a stakeholder management plan
- and other relevant project management plan details.
Additionally, based on project team performance and leadership traits exhibited in the designated case study, identify the primary attributes needed to be a successful leader in this scenario.
The case study for Section 3 varies depending on the Portfolio Project option selected:
- For Option 1, use the Honicker Corporation case study (Kerzner, 2017, pp. 753-755).
Properly organize your writing by including the following:
- Running header with designation of Portfolio Project option clearly designated.
- Cover page with designation of Portfolio Project option clearly designated.
- Paper title with designation of Portfolio Project option clearly designated.
- Introduction includes a descriptive overview of the Portfolio Project and a brief preface of your essay paper (one to three paragraphs).
- Main body thesis of your essay paper will be approximately 8 pages organized by APA style section level 1 headings for Section 1: Principle Components Discussion; Section 2: Simulation Scenario Analysis; and Section 3: Case Study Analysis. Additionally, include APA style section level 2 headings for bullet items or key elements within each main section.
- Conclusion—Present a recap of Main Body key points and summary of main emphasis without repeating verbatim and exclusive of new information.
- Reference page(s) listing any appropriate references cited.
- 1-page Project Charter template
- Captured screen image of confirmation page showing your total simulation score for the scenario performed.
Support your assignment with a minimum of eight scholarly references. The CSU-Global library is a good place to locate these sources, and the Project Management Resources Guide (Links to an external site.) is a great place to start. The written section should follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.)standards. Consult the Sample Paper (Links to an external site.) template for more information on how to organize the paper and review the rubric for specific grading criteria.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.