CHEM 2400 Practice Exam One The online exam will be in two parts like the quizzes have been. Part One will be multiple choice. Part Two will be similar to this Practice Exam. Please try these problems and time yourself. You should be able to do all of these problems in an hour.
Practice Exam One
The online exam will be in two parts like the quizzes have been. Part One will be multiple choice. Part Two
will be similar to this Practice Exam. Please try these problems and time yourself. You should be able to do all
of these problems in an hour.
- Give the IUPAC name for the following structures:
- Draw the following structures from the given IUPAC name:
a) 3,4-dimethyl pentadecane
b) 4-isobutyl tridecane b)
- Draw all possible resonance forms for the following structure:
- (3 points each, total of 12 points) What is the formal charge on each atom indicated? (blanks are on the
a) b) c) d)
a) Cl b) B c) C(with arrow) d) N
- (1 point each, total of 9 points) a) besides the alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes give the name of
any three functional groups and b) draw an example structure. c) give the name of the functional
groups shown. (fill in all blanks).
a) Name b) Draw Structure Structures to name c) Give name of the
- Give an example of an electron donating group and an electron withdrawing group.
- Rank the following in order of decreasing acidity (best acid first)…
a) ethanol b) ethyne c) ethanoic acid
> > __
- (1 point each, total of 6 points) For the following structure:
a) Give the hybridization of each indicated atom
Carbon 1 Carbon 2 Carbon 3
Carbon 4 (in center w/the empty p orbital)
b) Give the indicated bond angle
( ) a) b) c)
- What group makes benzoic acid a better acid when placed in the para position of benzoic acid? (circle one
- Draw any isomer of heptane that has six carbons in the main chain.
- Draw a molecule that has a polar bond in the space below.
Consider 1,2 di fluoro cyclohexane to answer the following two questions.
- Draw the most stable conformation of 1,2 –di fluoro cyclohexane using the template below. (If you are
drawing everything by hand, just do your best!)
- Is the most stable conformation of 1,2 –di fluoro cyclohexane cis or trans? __
- Draw a compound that will be hydrophobic.
- Rank the following in terms of their respective melting points.
a) Undecane b) cycloundecane c) 3-methyl decane > _ > __
- Use the templates below to draw the most stable Newman Projection for hexane as if you are looking
down the Carbon 3 – Carbon 4 bond. You can use Et as an abbreviation for the ethyl group.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.